Helistat - 18 1/2" X 1" individually packaged hemostatic sponges. Sponges made from bovine collagen
Order # HES001
Helitene - 5 .5 gram packs of microfibrillar bovine collagen
Integra’s hemostasis products are used in surgical procedures to help control bleeding. The company's absorbable collagen hemostatic sponge products consist of Helistat® (Absorbable Collagen Hemostatic Sponge), Helitene® (Absorbable Collagen Hemostatic Agent - Fibrillar Form), and related products. Integra's products have been manufactured for more than 20 years and are estimated to have been used in millions of patients.
These products are manufactured by Integra and marketed in the United States and internationally.
2003 Helitene Pad Form received CE Mark Certification for sale in European Union
2002 Helitene Pad Form received FDA approval for sale in United States
1999 Helistat and Helitene received CE Mark Certification for sale in European Union
1998 Partnered with Century Medical Inc. to supply and distribute Helistat and Helitene in Japan
Performance . . . Purity . . . Pricing . . .
Helistat and Helitene are two forms of the same pure, raw material collagen, processed from the bovine deep flexor tendon. Both are easy to use and afford maximum cost effectiveness.
- FDA approved
- Active hemostatic agent
- Promotes platelet aggregation
- Effectively controls bleeding within 2 to 5 minutes
- Does not swell in situ
- Extensive history of safety and effectiveness
- Helistat Sponge is not contraindicated with the use of most cell saving devices
- Compresses into on cohesive mass
- Can be fitted into smaller areas and lacerations
- Readily placed with dry gloves or forceps
- Helistat can be wrapped, packed, sutured or placed on a multitude of bleeding sites.
Ease of Use
- Excellent adherence to bleeding site
- Can be used dry wet or can be used with saline or thrombin
- Helistat is soft, non-shedding, pliable. Does not adhere to instruments when wet
- Helistat can be cut to size when dry, allowing more efficient application
- Helistat is easily removed without shedding, fragmenting or causing rebleeding at wound site
- Helistat when wet makes an excellant hemostatic paste
- Helitene is easily irrigated from wound site
- One of the purest commercially available collagen sources
- Does not enhance bacterial growth
- Does not inhibit wound healing
- Cost effective
- Five convenient sizes
- Packaged to fit procedural needs. Ensures less product waste
- Costs less than most hemostatic agents
- Priced to benefit your patient